For All The Latest News,Rumors And Downloads

PushFix 2.0: Real Push Notification Fix For Unlocked iPhones

If your one of the many iPhone users who have unlocked your iPhone on OS 3.x, then chances are you’ve lost the ability to receive push notifications. I for one lost this ability with my unlocked iPhone 3GS. This was a big disappointment for me as I used the feature every day. I spent countless hours trying various fixes out there, including the PushFix found on various cydia repos (which really just made things worse), manually installingpush certificates, and even trying to generate my own certificates.

After pulling out my hair and bashing my head into the wall trying to figure out why I couldn’t get my Push notifications working again, I stubmled upon Pushfix.info.

Quote:
“For the push notification service to work, every device needs a unique 1024 bit certificate. The certificate does not contain any information about your device, so I can provide certificates without any information from your phone…. If you used blackra1n and have lost YouTube, I have free YouTube fixes for that. My free youtube keys don’t cause excessive battery drain unlike the originalpush fixes.”

I was skeptical at first I must admit. The cost to get these unique Push Notifications working again would be $5.99USD. After completing a payment, I was welcomed with instructions to add a Cydia Source, and simply download PushFix 2.0. (Assuming your payment was instant, this works instantly as well). There is an entire support system available if anything goes wrong and the service is actually quite pleasant.

That being said, I was prompted to reboot after installation, and upon doing so, was given a new app called PushTest which allowed me to test my PushFix installation. In a few seconds i was greenlit and good to go. I went and downloaded a crapload ofPush apps and voila! My Push Notifications were working once again!! I was amazed at how simple this was and felt that my $6.00 was well worth it. This PushFix can be installed again no matter how many times you restore as your iPhone’s ID is associated with the cydia repo to download this pushfix.

Quote:
Important notes for purchasers in certain countries
Carriers which REQUIRE the iPhone data plan on that carrier (or you can use WiFi only push):Push does not work properly on regular data plan.
US – T-Mobile (requires $19.99 a month plan at this time)
UK – Orange
France – SFR

Carriers in which push over CELL DATA is not supported – Do not purchase at this time (WiFi only is still supported):
Brazil – Vivo (possibly)
Columbia – Comcel
Germany – Vodafone
Nigeria – MTN
Poland – Polkomtel

[Via modmyi.com]

0 comments: